Thursday, November 6, 2008

So the last shall be first, and the first last.

As a child my teacher told us that: 'The last shall be first, and the first last.'

I went home that day, a very worried child. Because my father drove a mercedes and my parents took us out for dinner regularly, it seemed obvious to me that, at that moment, we were the first. Surely this did nót bode well for the future!

In my mind I saw us dressed in raggs, all hungry and filthy. I was most concerned and didn't want to sit in the mercedes anymore, nor did I want to go out for dinner. If I couldn't save my family, at least I could save myself!

Thankfully my mom saw me struggling and told me not to worry.

Nevertheless, I never felt good about the mercedes, and I'm glad my husband and I drive an old battered minivan!

0 comments:

 

Blogger Templates by Bloganol